Grilled chicken, avocados and a delicious citrus vinaigrette with fresh spring mix
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice, or other citrus juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pkg (5 ounce) DOLE Spring Mix
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup peeled diced jicama
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Mix mustard, juice, and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush chicken breasts on both sides with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
- Combine salad blend, avocado, jicama, and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Arrange on plates and top with equal portions of chicken.