Chipotle & Cheddar Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers,
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 pkg. (12.9 oz. / 366 g) DOLE® Chop Chop Chipotle & Cheddar Salade Kit
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 DOLE® Onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. (454 g) ground chicken
- 1 cup (225 g) cooked rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) salsa
- 1 cup (225 g) shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 8x8-inch (20x20 cm) baking dish with cooking spray. Remove dressing, cheese and tortilla strip packets from Salade Kit.
- Cut a small slice off the bottom of each pepper. Cut off the top of each pepper and discard the seeds and membranes. Place peppers in prepared pan.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and salad; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until salad is wilted and onion is tender. Remove from pan; reserve. Add chicken to the pan and more oil as needed. Cook chicken 10 minutes or until chicken turns brown and is thoroughly cooked. Combine salad mixture, chicken, rice, salsa, 1 cup (225 g) shredded cheese and reserved dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon mixture into peppers. Cover dish with foil; bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until tops begin to lightly brown. Top each pepper with reserved cheese and tortilla strip packets.