This delicious salad kit unites the flavors of the Pacific and Far East. Serve over a bed of rice and top with shrimp skewers for an exotic entrée.
Asian Island Salad Bowl with Coconut Rice and Grilled Shrimp Skewers,
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound raw medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- Peanut oil, as needed
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, optional
- 1 pkg. DOLE® Asian Island Crunch® Kit
- Combine coconut milk, water, rice and sugar in medium saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand covered 15 minutes longer.
- Thread shrimp on 4 (10-inch) wooden skewers. Lightly brush with oil; salt and pepper to taste. Grill shrimp over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until pink; turning once. Sprinkle with cilantro; if desired.
- Combine all ingredients in salad kit except Sesame Ginger Dressing in large bowl. Reserve 1 to 2 tablespoons dressing; toss remaining dressing with salad.
- Spoon cooked rice into 4 large serving bowls. Top each with salad mixture and shrimp skewers. Drizzle with reserved dressing.