These sweet romaine and red leaf lettuces give any salad a crisp and refreshing finish. Toss with veggies and top with steak skewers for a palate-pleasing experience.
- 8 ounces boneless beef top loin steak
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared tamari-ginger sauce or soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced small mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups DOLE® Hearts of Romaine
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, cooked and cooled
- Lite Balsamic and Caper Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Lite Balsamic and Caper Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together 3/4 cup prepared light balsamic dressing and 2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped, until blended.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Cut steak into eight 1-inch cubes.
- Thread 2 cubes of steak on 4 (6-inch) skewers.
- Brush with sauce; refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes, discard remaining sauce.
- Grill or broil steak kabobs to desired doneness.
- Season mushrooms with garlic powder and sauté in oil in small nonstick skillet over medium- high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine romaine, carrots and broccoli in large bowl.
- Toss with Lite Balsamic and Caper Vinaigrette, to taste.
- Divide salad on 2 large plates.
- Arrange mushrooms and steak kabobs on top of each.
- Refrigerate leftovers.