- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (1-1/4 cups)
- 3 DOLE® Celery stalks, diced (1-1/4 cups)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 1-1/2 cups diced sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) DOLE Baby Spinach
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onion, lower heat, and cook 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Add celery and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, red lentils, sweet potato, paprika and cumin. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potato is cooked. Remove from heat.
- Stir DOLE Baby Spinach into soup. With a stick blender or food processor, blend soup until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with a spoonful of sour cream, lime peel and chopped cilantro on top!
Make plenty of this soup and freeze what you don’t use for a later date. Bring the soup to room temperature, uncovered, before placing it in the freezer or refrigerator. This is important because if you cover the soup and try to chill it while it’s still hot, it will sour.