This robust blend of sweet romaine and spicy radicchio adds color to any meal. For a sophisticated salad, pair it with sea scallops and Sherry and Tomato Vinaigrette.
- 10 large sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon dry seafood and poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) DOLE® Italian Blend
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sherry and Tomato Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Sherry and Tomato Vinaigrette: Sauté 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half, in 1 tablespoon canola oil for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped shallot and 1 minced garlic clove; Sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Combine tomato mixture, 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, salt and ground black pepper, to taste in blender container.
- Cover; blend until smooth.
- Slowly pour 1/2 cup canola oil in thin stream, until blended.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Sprinkle scallops with seafood seasoning.
- Cook scallops in oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned. (Do not overcook.)
- Divide salad on 2 large plates.
- Arrange cooked scallops, tomato, cucumber, olives and feta cheese on top of each.
- Drizzle with Sherry and Tomato Vinaigrette, to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.