The sweet, mild flavor and crisp texture of these simple greens make a great base for any salad. For an inspired meal, try it with shrimp and Asian Pineapple Dressing.
- 1/3 pound small shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 1 large orange, peeled and cut into half slices
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 4 cups DOLE® Hearts of Romaine
- Asian Pineapple Sesame Dressing (recipe below)
Asian Pineapple Sesame Dressing:
- Combine 3/4 cup prepared Asian sesame dressing and 1/4 cup DOLE Crushed Pineapple, undrained, in blender container.
- Cover; blend until smooth.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Combine shrimp, orange, bell pepper, and green onions in medium bowl.
- Toss with Asian Pineapple Dressing, to taste.
- Divide salad on 2 large plates.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over each salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers.