- Grapefruit and Honey Dressing (recipe below)
- 3/4 to 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) DOLE® American Blend
- 1-1/2 cups red grapes
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled Roquefort or bleu cheese
Grapefruit and Honey Dressing:
- Whisk together 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, 3 tablespoons honey, 1 minced garlic clove, salt and ground black pepper, to taste until blended. Makes about 1 cup.
- Reserve 1/4 cup dressing.
- Grill scallops, brushing with reserved dressing, 5 to 6 minutes, turning once or until lightly browned (do not overcook).
- Combine salad blend, grapes and pecans in large bowl. Toss with remaining Grapefruit and Honey Dressing, to taste. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
- Arrange salad mixture on 3 or 4 large plates. Top each with grilled scallops and sprinkle with cheese.