- 3/4 to 1 pound skirt or flap steak
- 1 DOLE® Sweet Onion cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) DOLE Italian Salad
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted black olives
- Italian Reggiano Parmesan Salad Dressing (recipe below)
Italian Reggiano Parmesan Salad Dressing:
- Combine 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup grated Reggiano Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons chopped green onion, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano in blender.
- Cover; blend until smooth. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Brush steak and onion slices with olive oil. Salt and pepper, to taste. Grill steak and onion, turning once, until steak is desired doneness and onion slices are lightly browned or until tender. Let steak stand 5 minutes before cutting across grain into thin slices.
- Combine salad blend, tomatoes and olives in large bowl. Toss with Italian Reggiano Parmesan Salad Dressing, to taste. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
- Arrange salad mixture on 4 large plates. Top each with sliced steak and grilled onions.