Beets and goat cheese seem made for each other. But why stop there? When you’re looking for something a little different, give your beet salad …
- 2 bunches baby red or gold beets (1-1/4 lb.)
- 1 medium fennel bulb (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) DOLE® Spring Mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallot vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Combine 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place beets in medium roasting pan, add water to cover bottom of pan; cover with foil. Roast 40 to 45 minutes or until beets are tender and can be pierced with a fork or knife.
- Cool slightly; remove skin from beets and cut into wedges.
- Trim off fennel leaves and stalk; cut into very thin slices.
- Combine salad, mandarin oranges, mint, beets and fennel in large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle cheese over salad.