Baby Cheeseburgers with Mushrooms and Bacon,
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 small soft buns, cut in half, toasted
- Mayonnaise to taste
- 3/4 cup DOLE® Classic Romaine
- Sweet Onion Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 12 small slices white Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
- 4 strips bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
Sweet Onion Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together 1/2 cup grape seed oil, 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion and freshly ground pink peppercorns to taste, until blended.
- Makes about 3/4 cup
- Gently form ground beef into 12 small burgers; season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill or broil until desired degree of doneness.
- Spread bottom of each bun with mayonnaise. Toss salad with Sweet Onion Vinaigrette to taste. Spoon salad onto each bun. Top each with mini burger, cheese slice, sautéed mushrooms and crumbled bacon. Top each burger with top half of bun. Serve.